In just 3- 6 sessions hypnotherapy dramatically changes the automatic ways we respond to stressors, and rapidly improves our ability to remain relaxed and in control. As a result stress and anxiety are permanently undermined, and anxiety disorders dissipate for good.
The Stress Response:
- When we experience stress our bodies are being subconsciously triggered to respond.
- The body causes hormones such as adrenaline to be released so that our systems are put on what we might call ‘high alert’... ready for ‘fight or flight’.
- These hormones generate many changes around the body such as increased heart rate, blood pressure and breathing rate.
- Our leg muscles may feel like jelly as they are primed for a quick getaway.
- Our brains ‘feel stressed’ as they are prepared for very quick action and acute awareness.
Designed to help
- These responses are designed to save us in the best way possible when under threat e.g., in the jungle but can feel most confusing and unpleasant in response to e.g., an ‘order’ from the boss.
- The body will continue to respond like this for as long as you experience such stressors.
- How your mind automatically responds to these physical symptoms is very important. It can interpret them in many ways; from feeling excited... a challenge to come up with a diplomatic or even witty response... to dread and panic at being trapped in an impossible and tortuous situation. ...”
- After long periods exposed to stressors, and the effects of our own hormones, the body becomes exhausted and a state of continuing anxiety is reached.
- Hypnotherapy stops the 'stress response' from being automatically triggered and enables you to control your response to accommodate, and even enjoy, the challenges that life inevitably generates.
There are six diagnosable categories of anxiety disorder, feelings of anxiety being clearly present in each:
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Acute Stress Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
People frequently suffer from more than one of these at the same time. Please use these links above to learn more about each specific anxiety disorder.
Some of the typical physical symptoms of Generalised Anxiety Disorder are:
- pounding heartbeat
- upset stomach
- frequent urination
- cold clammy hands
- dry mouth
- lump in the throat
- shortness of breath
- high pulse rate
- high breathing rate
- muscle tension and aches, especially in the neck and shoulders
- eyelid and other twitches
- tiring easily
- inability to relax
- easily startled
- frequent sighing
- generally apprehensive
- worrying about future disasters, bad health etc,
- impatient and irritable
- angry outbursts
Combined with these can be behavioural symptoms such as:
- avoid eye contact
- constantly apologising
To Remove Anxiety with Hypnotherapy:
...for generalised anxiety and acute stress...
- You will learn controlled relaxation (how you can call on a relaxed state of mind whenever you need it)
- Discover any negative or distorted thoughts that may be operating subconsciously, in the background, and resolve them in discussion and under hypnosis. (remove the subconscious triggers for your anxiety)
- Discover your own powerful, inner resources for becoming relaxed and centred (enable a more relaxed way of responding to the world around you)
- In hypnosis you can replay stressful situations visually while viewing them from an emotional state of calm well-being. (in a relaxed state things look very different and these insights can be taken away with you)
- Work deeply on implanting powerful thoughts of self-confidence at the deepest level of your thinking. (empower yourself to take on any challenges you need to, in a strong and positive way)
- Hypnotherapy for stress & anxiety can help with:
Allergies, Anger, Anxiety, Asthma, Blushing, Bruxism, Coping with serious or terminal illness (e.g., Cancer), Chronic Fatigue/ME, Debt, Divorce Issues, Executive stress, Frustration Issues, Hayfever, Irritability, Nightmares, Pre-menstrual Tension (PMT), Pre-operative worries, Sexual problems, Skin problems, Social anxieties, Speech impediments, Stress management, Tooth grinding, Wedding related issues and Worry
Typically clients begin to see improvements after one session but should consider 3 to 6 sessions as a recommended plan for learning a deep rooted and long lasting defence against anxiety.