Frequently Hypnotherapy (&NLP) cures phobia so quickly, easily and completely that my clients are often left bemused about where it went! Even severe phobias can be treated this effectively so it really is worth coming to see me.
What is a phobia?
- When a fear has become so severe that it disrupts daily life, it is called a 'phobia'.
- A phobia is a fear of an object or situation where the fear is out of proportion to the 'rational' response.
- Phobias can be terrifying, and can generate real physiological symptoms which can be frightening in themselves. e.g., erratic heartbeat, nausea, dizziness, blurred vision and fainting ... (see Panic Attacks)
What caused my phobia?
- If I were to try to list all the known phobias the list would be never-ending as anyone could develop a phobia to almost any object or situation. They all develop the same way and hence are susceptible to the same interventions. (I work with them all.)
-All a phobia needs to get started is a negative experience followed by subsequent avoidance of similar situations. Avoiding the situation 'rewards' the fearful behaviour with temporary relief. The sub-conscious mind encourages us towards this 'rewarding' behaviour and hence escalates the fear with every avoidance until a full blown, panic-inducing phobia is developed.
Phobias can be triggered in many ways:
- It could be a learned fear, copied off someone else
- It could be the result of a severe trauma in your past
- It could be a product of severe stress
- It could be a seies of experiences over a long period which have built up into excessive anxiety
- It could be the result of 'the fear of fear' itself
- Phobias are still, however, a product of the mind, so are susceptible to being completely, and often rapidly removed using hypnotherapy and NLP.
Hypnotherapy can remove the 'learned response' and return your responses to their natural state. It can allow your mind to feel better about itself and, combined with relaxation and confidence building sessions, you can feel empowered, and free to get the most from life.
Some of the most common physical symptoms attached to phobia are:
- sweaty palms
- erratic heartbeat
- nausea and dizziness
- increased muscle tension
- shortness of breath
- blurred vision and
Combined with these can be psychological symptoms such as:
- a fear of dying,
- a sense of unreality
- panic attacks
The 10 most common phobias that can be cured by Hypnotherapy and/or NLP are:
- Arachnophobia (fear of spiders)
- Sociaphobia (social anxiety)
- Aviophobia (fear of flying)
- Agoraphobia (fear of anxiety attacks)
- Claustrophobia (fear of enclosed spaces)
- Acrophobia (fear of heights)
- Emetophobia (fear of vomiting)
- Carcinophobia (fear of cancer)
- Brontophobia (fear of thunderstorms)
- Necrophobia (fear of death or dead things)
*Required disclaimer: Results, symptoms and treatment may vary from person to person, all individual cases are taken on merit.
Everyone is unique and phobias are all diferent in some way. But, whatever
your phobia, there are several major steps that can be taken (using
a combination of Hypnotherapy and NLP) to beat your fear.
The most likely methods would be:
- Take the legs out from under your phobia and topple it in one fell swoop (using advanced NLP 'Fast Phobia' techniques - you may be able to literally laugh your phobia away!)
- Identify the specific event that created your fear and remove all ties with it (not always necessary but can be astonishingly effective)
- Increase your confidence (confidence boosting sessions under hypnosis)
- Confront your fear in a non-threatening way (under hypnosis, deeply relaxed, and step by step)
- Reprogram your subconscious mind with regards to your fears ( its possible using hypnotic suggestions and NLP)
The first session will involve taking a medical history, understanding your situation, where the fear may have come from, and understanding your body's physiological responses to fear (if needed). If there is time we can try a special NLP 'fast-phobia' technique.
Subsequent sessions would generally involve confidence boosting and phobia removal using hypnosis and NLP, but treatments are always tailored to your specific needs. Treatment would continue in this vein until the specific fear response has been removed and you are completely free from your phobia.
This varies from person to person but on average clients with phobias work with me for 2 to 6 sessions.