Habits, compulsions *, misuse *, addictions *, obsessions *.. there are many classifications and definitions but if its a repeated behaviour you could do without then you've come to the right place,
All the help you need
I believe that everyone has all the resources required to change any behaviour they need to (usually buried within them). Finding those resources and maintaining them can be very challenging and can appear impossible, especially if great efforts have already been made without success. Such unsuccessful efforts may have been made without these essential inner resources being brought to bear. Efforts may also fail because of the absence of the necessary endurance required, something so often made all the easier by having a professional on board. After all, progress can be hard to see when you are fighting on your own and 'giving in' can bring all those familiar rewards back into your life.
The way forward
Hypnotherapy can clearly show you i) the benefits of change, ii) the pleasure involved in watching those changes occur, iii) a multitude of methods to combat every single obstacle in your way and all potential threats that might undermine your success, iv) it can bring to the fore strengths and positive energy you didn't believe you had in you, and v) offer you a clear glimpse into the habit-free future already waiting for you.
Simple & Complex Habits
Simpler habits such as e.g., bed wetting, blushing, self-consciousness & shyness, bruxism (tooth grinding), shopping & spending, hair pulling, nail biting, thumb sucking, tics... etc., can be tackled with Hypnotherapy and NLP alone; while more complex problems such as e.g., drug addiction, gambling, eating disorders/ issues and self-harm generally involve a larger breakdown of their own particular issues, symptoms and solutions. If well-developed, these might need a range of further specific techniques on top (hypnotherapeutic, neuro-lingual and cognitive behavioural).
Whatever your 'habit' though Dunmore Hypnotherapy can help to weaken it, strengthen you, forge a better path, release you from its grasp, and give you the control back.
Habits, compulsions *, misuse *, addictions *, obsessions *.. is a very wide remit but would include issues such as:
the more serious end of the spectrum would include:
- substance misuse*
- drug addiction*
- substance dependency*
- eating disorders & issues, bulimia, anorexia...*
- obsessions and compulsions*
- Tourettes syndrome*
There are many, forms... If you can't see it on these lists please contact me regarding your own specific issues.
Although these conditions listed above appear very diverse in expression there are great similarities due to the manner in which the human mind develops its compulsive and habitual behaviour. Hence the manner of treatment is very similar, at least in the initial stages.
* for these issues it is officially recommended that you have first sought medical advice via your GP
*Required disclaimer: Results, symptoms and treatment may vary from person to person, all individual cases are taken on merit.
Typically treatment will involve:
-Post-Hypnotic Suggestions with a view to:
- draw up powerful resource memories and abilities from the subconscious to empower the client in the challenges ahead. These resources can be made available whenever needed.
- increase desire for the benefits of a habit free life
- increase the enjoyment of the process of change.
- boost confidence, helping with the process of change.
- stop the current habitual behaviour
-Hypnotic Progression - to give a view of the future, habit free life and the insights on HOW to change that come with it.
-NLP - to engage and initiate the client into conscious changes at a deep level.
More complex problems such as drug addiction, gambling, eating disorders & issues, OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and self-harm would likely need further techniques such as those below
- Age regression - where initial sensitising events or childhood trauma lie at the heart of the problem. In such cases these events can be revisited in the safety of the relaxed trance state and reprocessed, often with profound results for many aspects of the clients life.
- TTM & Motivational Interviewing - for a more comprehensive approach to the process of recovery from serious addiction
- CBT techniques - can be used to retrain the automatic thinking that can be involved in a persistent habit or addiction.
- Further NLP - can be used to strengthen the client against powerful compulsive emotions.
- EMDR, EFT (and more NLP) - can be used to weaken the automatic emotional responses attached to cravings and compulsions.
- Post Hypnotic Suggestions - can be further targeted to undermine existing responses and empower new responses in the specific areas required by each unique situation e.g., depressions, maladaptive conditions, low self-esteem, low self efficacy,.
This varies greatly from person to person and from habit to habit. This really depends on the unique individual and the complexity of their situation. Please call me to find out more specific information for you.